Monday, September 25, 2017

Student Alumna Spotlight: Lori Weitzner Design Team: Jess Thies


Get to Know the Lori Weitzner Design Team, Part 4: Jess Thies 








What do you do at Lori Weitzner Design?
I am the Studio Manager/Junior Designer. I manage the daily tasks in the studio as well as assist as much as I can with Textile, Wallcovering and the other projects we work on.
What did you go to school for?
I went to Philadelphia University for Textile Design, I loved it! My primary focus was print design. 
A sample of some of Jess' print design work from school.
How did you get started at Lori Weitzner Design?
I was lucky enough to have a connection to Lori through a lovely professor of mine, and about a month after meeting Lori, I found my way to her studio.
Favorite part of your job?
My favorite part is working on a variety of exciting projects, plus everyone is so welcoming and friendly!
Least favorite part of your job?
Although necessary, sending packages can be surprisingly complicated (especially the international ones).  
What's one thing you can’t live without?
I love spending time with my friends, and running. 
Favorite artists/designers?
Jenny Holzer  

What is a goal you have for yourself at the moment?
I want to become the best version of myself that I can, spend my time trying new things and acclimate to living in New York. 

Favorite movie?
Moulin Rouge
One piece of advice you can offer somebody who wants a job like yours?
Always put your best self forward and keep working towards your goals. You never know who you’ll meet or what kind of projects are going on; always be kind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment