Saturday, August 1, 2015

Textile Design Internship at Wesley Mancini, Ltd.

Textile Design M.S. student Zhiwen "Joan" Wang had a great summer internship with Wesley Mancini, Ltd.  in Charlotte, NC.  Joan shared the following with us:

I interned at Wesley Mancini, a jacquard design studio for home fabrics. I started my work as an archivist, organizing both fabrics and art work created over the past thirty years. After that I edited design graphics on EAT software, making sure the art work had limited colors and the edge of each section was not too flat. Sometimes I worked with plains, designing woven construction patterns.

One thing that surprised me a lot was that this company hand draws almost all the designs, in repeat, in the studio. [Following the internship], I will apply EAT skills learned here to my design studio courses and also keep better order of my design files and sketches.

Joan at work at Wesley Mancini, Ltd. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment