Sunday, February 22, 2015

Textile Design student in New Zealand

Textile Design student Megan Onuskanych is spending the Spring 2015 semester studying at Massey University in Wellington, New Zealand.  Megan shared the following:

New Zealand does not seem to be the typical place for study abroad, but it has yet to disappoint! From the delicious food, amazing views and unexpected weather changes, I have experienced so much in just the short week that I have been here. Wellington, coffee capital of New Zealand, and home of Massey University, seems to have the perfect combination of music, popup markets, restaurants and relaxing spots on the waterfront. 

Classes have yet to begin, but just from a short tour of the textiles department, I am already happy that I have chosen such a design oriented campus to study abroad at. I am excited to see what comes of the wall coverings, textile materials and embroidery courses that I am enrolled in for this upcoming semester!     

Here are a few images from her stay to date.  Check back for periodic updates. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment